Society

        Zelenskyy approves first round of Ukrainian military appointments, says more to follow

        Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Photo: Office of the President
        Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Photo: Office of the President

        President Volodymyr Zelenskyy approved the first round of personnel appointments in the Armed Forces of Ukraine that he had discussed with Commander-in-Chief Mykhailo Drapatyi. Five decisions have been made so far, but the personnel changes will not end there.

        Volodymyr Zelenskyy said this in his evening video address on August 17.

        Today, during a meeting with the military and Ukraine’s defense minister, the main focus was on the situation at the front. Additional organizational decisions and necessary resources were identified to strengthen Ukrainian units on the Sloviansk axis, in Kostiantynivka and in the Pokrovsk area.

        Ad
        Ad

        “It is very important that experienced commanders receive greater capabilities to act; there will be decisions at the level of corps and groupings. I also approved the first part of the personnel appointments that we discussed with Mykhailo Drapatyi. Five decisions are already in place, and there will be more,” Zelenskyy said.

        The meeting also separately reviewed the results of long-range operations during the first half of August. The priorities for deep strikes through September have already been determined.

        Zelenskyy also said he discussed additional funding, resources and additional strikes needed by Ukraine with Yevhen Khmara.

        In addition, the president said there had been coordination with the intelligence services, the Foreign Ministry and special services regarding new sanctions packages from partners. According to him, the goal is to limit Russia’s military capabilities, including supplies to Russia of components that are critical for the war.


        Ad
        Ad

        Top News

        Last News

        more news
        Social Ad
        Exit mobile version