NABU and SAPO have revealed details of Operation Themis concerning a criminal organization that, according to investigators, was involved in corporate raiding in Kyiv. A current and a former member of parliament, officials from the Presidential Office and the Ministry of Justice, judges and hackers may have been involved.
This was reported by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine.
According to investigators, members of the organization forged documents and court rulings and then re-registered corporate rights to companies in the names of individuals under their control. Hackers were used to gain access to state registries.
In the autumn of 2025, the suspects, according to NABU, used this scheme to seize a company worth more than UAH 248 million.
In May 2026, members of the organization attempted to gain control of assets worth more than UAH 207 million.
Investigators also uncovered an attempt to seize a property in central Kyiv worth more than UAH 500 million.
According to NABU, the organization was allegedly financed by a sitting member of parliament, who may have provided at least $514,000 for its activities.
Investigators say the money was used to pay hackers, cover court proceedings, and bribe law enforcement officers and judges.
On August 19, NABU announced another special operation, Forest Gump, aimed at exposing high-level corruption.
According to investigators, the suspects in that case took control of the state-owned Sense Bank in order to use it for private interests. In particular, they allegedly planned to pay bail for one of the suspects in Operation Midas, also known as the Mindich case, using funds of “criminal origin.”
Law enforcement officials did not name the person for whom the bail was being raised, but the details they disclosed point to Herman Halushchenko.
NABU said the criminal organization operated under the leadership of a current and a former Ukrainian MP, with the involvement of senior officials from the Presidential Office.
One of the suspects in the case is former Deputy Head of the Presidential Office Iryna Mudra. She said her home had been searched, that she had been served with a notice of suspicion, and that she had submitted her resignation.
